Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Hershey's Chocolate Cake with a Mousse Filling

 I'm definitely not going to take credit for this cake. I'm just making sure everyone is aware of how delicious it is:) I put a little twist in there, but for the most part, this cake is Hershey's. They add 1 cup boiling water at the end to stir in. I add boiling hot coffee. You might think this is weird. Well it is kind of weird, but it makes it SO much more chocolatey. And despite what you may think, you can't taste the coffee at all. It just brings out the natural richness of chocolate. I really challenge you to try it!

If you're wanting the BEST chocolate cake there is out there, look no further. This is the definition of the perfect chocolate cake. Dense. Moist. SUPER chocolatey.
 I will, however, take credit for this wonderfully easy chocolate mousse. The best part about it is you can put it in the middle of anything and everything. I sometimes like to fill my chocolate cupcakes with it. It puts them right over the edge.
Anyway, this is a knock-your-socks-off kind of chocolate cake. 

Hershey's Chocolate Cake:
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup boiling hot coffee (or boiling water) 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 9-in round baking pans. I also like to line the bottom of my pans with a parchment paper. It guarantees that it comes out clean. In the bowl of your mixer, add the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Turn it on a few times to stir the ingredients together. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat until well combined making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Stir in boiling hot coffee.

Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pans and let cool on a wire rack. Cool completely. Fill with the Chocolate Mousse Filling then frost with Perfectly Chocolate Frosting.

Chocolate Mousse Filling:
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled

Beat heavy cream in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Stir in melted chocolate until completely combined. Lay one layer of cooled chocolate cake on a cake stand. Top with mousse filling. Top with the other layer. Frost the whole cake with Perfectly Chocolate Frosting.

Perfectly Chocolate Frosting:
1/2 cup (1 stilck) butter
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to a spreading consistency. You may want to add more cream to get to your desired consistency. Beat in vanilla. 


ENJOY your chocolate coma:)

*Adapted from Hershey's

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for such a nice post. It looks very deliciously yummy and i also like Pakistani cooking recipes have a great taste as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A yogurt smoothie made with Dannon Light & Fit yogurt, it's low-fat and sweetened with Nutra-Sweet. Blend 8 oz. yogurt with 8 oz fruit juice, 1 banana, 4-6 oz frozen fruit and 1 tablespoon untoasted wheat germ.

    ειδησεισ απο την ελλαδα τωρα

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you put cocoa or chocolate in the cake? The cake certainly looks chocolate and the name states chocolate. There’s no chocolate in the ingredients! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing and Authentic recipe hersheys chocolate cake with mousse, its very tasty and we enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us. I recommend it for everyone to try it at least once.

    aavin ghee online

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great and nice blog thanks sharing..I just want to say that all the information you have given here is awesome...Thank you very much for this one.
    Chicken Recipes For Dinner

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have papillomavirus infection for 3 months now I have search for cured everywhere. I have spent more money on the diseases to make sure that it got cured. I was searching for here online on facebook, I got a review on how Dr Onokun cured People with herbs. So i ask he for help and the way he talk to me I believe in the medicine because other people are getting cured completely and I order for the medication. I got it and I apply it on this disease. Within 14 days I was cured from the HPV thanks to herbal medication Dr Onokun send to me. If you need help he will be able to help you get rid of the Diseases, contact him on facebook page: www.facebook.com/naturaltreatmentcenter1 or WhatsApp +1 424 738 1393

    ReplyDelete