Friday, January 14, 2011

Cheesecake Brownie Dessert

I made these for the Hubby to take to work. They're all conspiring to eliminate me cause they think I'm on a mission to fatten them up :) Well of course I am!! You can't eat just one of these - they are amazing. And they turn out perfect every time. Have you ever had the Ghiradelli Triple Chocolate brownie mix from Costco? I have and now I live by them. I've never had a better brownie - store bought or homemade. So I definitely recommend using this mix...you won't be disappointed.

1 box brownie mix - I use one package from the Ghiradelli economy box from Costco (oil, water and eggs as directed on box)
1 (80z) pkg cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 t vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare brownie mix according to box directions. Pour brownie batter into prepared 9-inch square pan.

In another bowl beat cream cheese until light and creamy. Add sugar, vanilla and egg. Beat until very creamy. Drop by spoonfuls over the brownie batter and smooth until completely covering the brownie batter.

Bake approximately 35 minutes or until cream cheese layer is lightly brown. Remove from oven and immediately spread chocolate chips over top. Put back in oven for 1-2 minutes until chips are completely melted. Remove from oven and spread all over top until it's covered and smooth. Let cool completely. Store in fridge. Enjoy!!

*I usually double this to make a 9x13 pan to share with a lot of people.

1 comment: