Monday, September 28, 2015

Pesto Toast

Pin ItThis is one of my favorite lunches folks! It's just so hearty, fresh and filling, but doesn't make you feel gross after eating it. My kind of meal! And really, you can make it your own. Add whatever toppings sound good at the time. I've even done a pizza twist to it and added pizza sauce instead of pesto with peppers, onions and pepperoni as toppings. I have to give a big shout-out to my sister in law, Jen, for steering me toward this gem. I don't know what I would do without it in my life:)

1 slice of bread (I use Dave's Killer Bread)
2t pesto (or as much as you want!)
Handful of Spinach
Fresh Garden Tomato (OK store bought is good too)
Diced grilled chicken
Sprinkle of Mozzarella Cheese
Dash of Italian Seasoning

Place your oven setting on high broil. Put bread on a cookie sheet. Spread on pesto and then layer your toppings in whatever order you want. I layer this way: spinach, tomato, chicken, mozzarella, Italian seasoning. It's best if the cheese is on top so that it gets nice and bubbly and brown. Broil in the oven for a few minutes. I usually just keep an eye on it until it looks perfectly bubbly. Remove and sit and enjoy your healthy, filling lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment