Friday, September 25, 2009

Simple Sesame Noodles

I saw this recipe on The Pioneer Woman this afternoon and IMMEDIATELY made them! Somehow I had all of the ingredients...who knows how. They are DELICIOUS and I would eat them all day and all night! I had a TON leftover, so I am going to be adding a stir-fry vegetable mix and some diced chicken for the full stir-fry meal. But, they are delicious by themselves.

12 ounces thin noodles, cooked and drained (angel hair, thin spaghetti, or Asian style)
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
2 to 3 tablespoons pure sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon hot chile oil (I didn't use this)
4 to 5 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons hot water
3 to 4 green onions, sliced thin (if you have them)

Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with green onions and toss.
Serve in a bowl with chopsticks. Yummy!

* From The Pioneer Woman.

PS: Did you all know that The Pioneer Woman's Cookbook is coming out at the end of October?? And did you also know that she's coming HERE to SLC to do a book-signing?!?! I'm SOOO THERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment