Friday, January 22, 2010

Smoked Turkey and Artichoke Panini

Jenna introduced me to this GEM over a month or so ago and I instantly became obsessed!! I didn't think I could make paninis because I didn't have a panini maker, but it turns out it doesn't matter! I just put them in my George Foreman and they are TO DIE FOR!!! I would say on an average week...I have this 2-3 times. It's a staple.

1 loaf rustic (crisp on the outside, soft on the inside) Artisan bread
1 jar marinated artichoke hearts
1 jar roasted red peppers
Provolone cheese
thinly sliced turkey breast
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Garlic-herb sandwich spread (recipe follows)

Garlic-herb sandwich spread
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/2 T lemon juice
zest from 1/2 lemon
1/2-1 t Italian seasoning

Spread garlic herb mayo over each side of bread. Place cheese on each side also. Pile on turkey breast on along with several slices roasted red pepper and artichoke hearts on one side of the bread. Brush each side with olive oil and place on grill until crisp and golden brown on both sides.
Enjoy the intoxication!!!

*From Our Best Bites
*For easy making, I just make the mayo, which by the way is GREAT on any sandwich, and put it in a container so I can just whip this sandwich out in an instant at any point of the day. It's incredibly easy and you MUST try!!

2 comments:

  1. This is my kind of food! Looks good! Love your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I love sandwhiches... I'm like Joey (from Friends) when it comes to sandwhiches. Thanks and can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete