Here's a cake out there for all of you Reese's Peanut butter Cup lovers. This is rich, dense, moist and DIVINE. My favorite combination is peanut butter and chocolate. They're just so perfect together. And this peanut butter ripple that's in the middle of the cake really reminds me of a peanut butter cup.
So if you're like me and love everything peanut butter and chocolate, you need to try this cake!
Cake:1 standard size chocolate fudge cake mix
1 package (3.9 oz. - 4 Serving Size) chocolate pudding - DRY MIX
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Filling:1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Chocolate Glaze:
2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup heavy cream
For Peanut Butter Glaze:
2/3 cup peanut butter chips
1/3 cup heavy cream
For the cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all of the cake ingredients and mix with a mixer until combined. Do not over mix, but make sure all dry ingredients and wet ingredients are well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt and mix well with a mixer.
4. Spoon half of cake batter into a bundt cake pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon peanut butter filling on top of the cake batter. Top with remaining cake batter.
5. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Remove from bundt pan and allow to cool till not hot. Top with glazes.
In a large microwave safe bowl combine chopped chocolate and heavy cream. Do the same in a different bowl with the peanut butter chips and heavy cream. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove from microwave and stir well. Return to microwave for another 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and whisk together until smooth (stirring will help melt chocolate). If needed, heat for an additional 15 seconds, then whisk until smooth. Spoon or pour over cake. ENJOY!!
*Adapted from Lovin from the Oven