Thursday, December 10, 2009

Apple Cream Cheese Tartlets


I was looking for a reason to use these crescent rolls and cream cheese I had before leaving for Christmas for 2 weeks. I came up with this little gem. For some odd reason I had these fried apples in my cupboard that I bought for something else about 6 months ago...so they sound a little weird, but work GREAT in this recipe!! It can work for either a dessert or breakfast.

1 can Luck's Fried Apples with Cinnamon
1 (8oz) cream cheese softened
4 T sugar
1/4 t cinnamon
2 cans crescent rolls

Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 T milk
sprinkle of cinnamon

Open can of fried apples and with a knife, cut through all of the apples while in the can until cut very small. Pour into a bowl and mix with cream cheese, sugar and cinnamon. Press 1 crescent roll into each muffin tin with enough coming out the top to surround filling. Place 2-3 T into each crescent roll, folding the crescent roll around the filling till it closes on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from muffin tin and drizzle with glaze. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment