Thursday, December 3, 2009

Monkey Muffins

These are extremely delicious! They are a great holiday dessert, breakfast or brunch idea. I know I'm going to make them several times during the holidays! My dough raised A LOT and therefore were coming out of the pan. This is not how The Pioneer Womans looked and I was a worried that they weren't going to be as good, but BOY was I wrong!! I forgot to take a picture before serving them and had to wrestle the pan away from the guests to take this one before it got devoured. I will DEFINITELY be making these again!!!


Bread Dough (I used Rhodes dough...or you can use refrigerator biscuit dough)
Butter
Sugar
Cinnamon
Sweetened Condensed Milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put 1/2 teaspoon of butter in each muffin tin cup. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough into walnut size balls (or cut refrigerator biscuit dough into thirds) and place three into each muffin tin.

Top with 1/2 teaspoon butter and a generous sprinkle of sugar and cinnamon. Allow dough to rise or just bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.

Remove from oven and immediately drizzle a generous dose of sweetened condensed milk over top of each one. Allow rolls to sit and absorb drizzle before serving.

*From The Pioneer Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment