Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chicken Provolone Roll-ups

Surprisingly these were a cinch! Justin was drooling all over himself when I popped this in front of him. He also said it was one of the best things I've made. I didn't have enough provolone, so I used some pepperjack and it turned out just perfect. I would assume that any cheese would be great. I also slathered a little cream cheese on each piece of cheese before rolling them up...you know I always have to pop that in there!! They are full of flavor and 2-year-old approved!

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 8oz bottle Italian dressing
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
8 T parmesan cheese
8 slices Provolone cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place chicken breast, one at a time, in a plastic bag and pound thin. Mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese together and set aside. Put Italian dressing in a large bowl. Place 2 pieces of cheese on thin chicken and roll-up. Dip in Italian dressing and then in bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. If necessary, to keep from unrolling, place a toothpick in each chicken breast. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.

*From Tasty Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment