Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fish in Foil

This is the easiest, tastiest, healthiest thing I've ever had!! My mom showed this to me tonight and I was stunned! When she asked me if we like fish, I was a little weary because I only like fish cooked right. I can't stand dry fish. So when I tasted this I was SUPER surprised! It's moist and flavorful...just PURE delicious! It's also great for people who are super busy because you can make these foil dinners up when you buy the fish and put them in the freezer to have on hand for a quick, anytime lunch or dinner. And it made me love it even more when she told me it was only 100 calories each! The fish steams and releases it's own juices that is just to die for!! You must try this because it's just too dang good and easy...and healthy.

Tilapia Fillets - however many you want (and you can also use Salmon instead.)
Lemon Pepper
1 red pepper, cut into strips
Foil

Spray a strip of foil with olive oil cooking spray. Place 1 fish fillet in the middle of the foil. Sprinkle Lemon Pepper over top of fish. Place 1 red pepper slice over top of fish. Bring the top and bottom of the foil over top of fish and roll down, then fold in the sides. (At this point you can place in the freezer for future use.) Place in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. If placing in the oven straight out of the freezer bake for approximately 30 minutes.

*If you are using Salmon, you can leave the top of the foil open to let the top of the fish crisp up a little...delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't this the best! And it's so healthy! My sister has made it for years and it's one of Rich's favorites! I love the red pepper on top too:-)

    ReplyDelete