Thursday, April 15, 2010

Strawberry Cheesecake Pie


This is the perfect Spring/Summer dessert. It's so light and refreshing. It calls for a 1/3 cup strawberry jam. and I ran out of homemade freezer jam. After I cried my eyes out I went to the store to find a replacement. I definitely can't go back to the jar jam...GROSS!! So in the freezer section (actually where I found the pie crust) there it was. Freezer jam. Waiting for me to buy it. So if you can't wait for the next batch of your homemade freezer jam, definitely check out your grocers freezer because your problems could be solved.

semisweet chocolate
1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked ( I use frozen Marie Callendars)
1 (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
5 T Sugar
1/2 t vanilla
3 to 4 cups fresh strawberries
1/3 + cup strawberry jam

Directions
In a large saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly; spread or brush over the bottom and up the sides of the pastry shell. Chill.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Spread over chocolate layer; cover and chill for 2 hours.
Mix strawberries and jam until combined. Arrange strawberry mixture over the filling. Melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle over the top.

*From Eileens recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment