Monday, September 13, 2010

Restaurant Style Salsa

I got this from The Pioneer Woman. She's amazing and so I trust all she makes. So naturally, I trusted her salsa recipe...also for the simplicity of less chopping. It's made with all canned tomatoes, which I was VERY skeptical of. When it was done, Justin and I tasted it and...it wasn't that good. I was DEVASTATED!! So I sadly wrapped it up and put it in the fridge in hopes that someone somewhere would eat it so it didn't go to waste. About 5 hours later my mom says, "That salsa you made is absolutely delicious!!" I thought she might be mistaken because I definitely didn't like it. The next day I tried it...DELICIOUS!! I guess it gets better as it sits. I'm not kidding - 200 times better than when I first made it! So my suggestion is to make it the night before you want to eat it. That Pioneer Woman...she knows everything. I am DEFINITELY making this again!

1 (28oz) can whole tomatoes with juice
2 (10oz) cans Rotel tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 whole jalapeno diced (I omitted this because I'm super wimpy with spicy food - keep in mind that the Rotel has some heat of it's own)
1/2 t salt
1/4 t garlic salt (my addition)
1/4 t sugar
1/4 t cumin
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 whole lime juice

Dump everything into a food processor. Pulse until desired consistency is reached. Test for seasonings. DONE!! Refrigerate at least several hours.

*From The Pioneer Woman

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing wonderful info, Found your post interesting, can not wait to see more from you. Good luck for upcoming post!!! You can also read more from Salsa Recipes

    ReplyDelete