Friday, February 20, 2009

Molton Chocolate Cakes

OH MY GOSH! These are beyond heavenly and probably the easiest thing I've ever made!

2 sticks plus 6 tablespoons butter
10 ounces bittersweet chocolate (I used semi-sweet chocolate chips)
6 egg yolks
6 eggs
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup flour

Melt the chocolate and butter together. Cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the yolks and eggs then mix in the powdered sugar. Whisk this into the chocolate mixture then whisk in the flour. Fill 12 greased 4-ounce foil tins with the batter and refrigerate until ready to bake, or bake immediately. Bake in a preheated 450 degree F oven for 5 to 6 minutes from cold, or 4 to 5 minutes from room temperature. Turn out of tins immediately onto the plate upside-down.
*From the Food Network
*I halved this recipe and don't have ramekins, so I just used a 12 muffin tin and used the middle six cups for a more even cook. I also lined the cups with butter and a cocoa dust instead of flour. They popped right out. I filled the cups to the top (they don't top the pan too much.) I also cooked them for about 10-11 minutes and they were PLEANTY molton! You can cook them more for less molton (the cake part is still incredibly moist), or less for more...whatever you like. I didn't have any ice cream, but I would recommend eating them with some vanilla. Also a white chocolate ganache would be AMAZING! You can really top them with whatever you like...chocolate, whipped cream, fresh fruit or pie filling, or powdered sugar. These are SUPER easy because they make a lot (12) and you can make the mixture early and put it in the fridge till you want to cook them and they are so fast to cook...they also look pretty gourmet (even though they are SUPER easy)!

No comments:

Post a Comment