Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hot Chocolate Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies


I just had to try these because they looked so interesting. I'm always up for a twist on basic recipes. When I first looked at the recipe it seemed like too much flour and that they would be cakey and dry. And then on top of it you add almost a cup of hot chocolate mix! So I just decided to follow the directions exactly, not changing anything, to see if it truly would work. Let me just tell you...these are the best cookies I've ever had! They are SOOO moist and chewy and crisp on the edges...everything I want in a cookie. And surprisingly, they aren't too sweet. They are incredibly addicting also, so just beware. I put out about 30 cookies for 4-5 people and I was left with 5 after about 30 minutes. You must try these!!!

2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
3 1/4 cups flour
4 (1oz) packets hot chocolate mix (I used Stephens Belgium Dark Chocolate and Stephens Milk Chocolate - a little less than 1/2 cup each.)
1 t salt
1 1/4 t baking soda
1 cup each white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and milk chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. In a separate bowl, combine flour, hot chocolate mix, salt and baking soda. Add to wet ingredients in 3 to 4 parts, making sure all is incorporated. Fold in chips. Chill the dough for an hour or so. With a tablespoon, scoop out and shape into a ball and place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes exactly or until edges are golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. ENJOY!!

*From Tasty Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment