Friday, March 27, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

**WARNING: This makes a TON, so unless you have a huge family, plan to give a lot away.**

1 lg. can (29 oz.) pumpkin
4 ½ cups flour
1 ½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp. nutmeg
1 ½ tsp cloves
5 eggs
1 ½ tsp soda
4 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp ginger
3 ½ cup sugar
2 cups oil

Mix all but chocolate chips. Add chips. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Makes 4 medium loaves.

*If you like Great Harvest Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, you HAVE to try this!!! It tastes just like the real thing. And don't even think about halving the recipe because how are you going to half a egg?? I made 3 GINORMOUS loaves and they all weighed about 40 pounds each! Everyone that I gave a loaf too loved it and it was gone soon after they got it. When I was mixing it, I was a little worried about how much stuff was going into my Kitchen Aid and it was almost topping the bowl! I added about 2 cups of chocolate chips instead of 1 (pretty much one entire bag of Guittard semi-sweet chocolate chips that I dredged in flour so they don't sink to the bottom of the loaf.) I also was out of cloves, so I just added a tad more nutmeg and cinnamon. After an hour, I just poked a sharp knife into the center of the loaf and if it came out doughy, I added 3 more minutes and did this until it came out cakey on the knife. SOOOO GOOD!!!!

*Picture and recipe courtesy of Real Mom Kitchen...remember my camera is dead and buried.

No comments:

Post a Comment