Sunday, March 8, 2009

Quick Pizza Dough


1 package of yeast
1 C warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 T oil
2 1/2 C flour
1 t Italian Seasoning
1/4 t garlic powder
2 T cornmeal (optional for sprinkling on cookie sheet)

Dissolve yeast in warm water and add sugar. Let yeast sit about 10 minutes (you want it good and foamy). Stir in remaining ingredients until blended. Beat vigorously 20 strokes. (I did this all in my kitchen aid) Allow dough to rest 5 minutes in a bowl with saran wrap or a towel over it. Preheat oven to 425, spread dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet sprinkled with corn meal (optional). Top with desired toppings and bake for 20 minutes. This makes 1 (14 inch) pizza.

*I upped the oven to 500 degrees and baked it for 10 minutes flat. It cooked it perfect (thanks to Eileen's sister, Mary!) The cheese was nice and bubbly when it came out. I thought this was a pretty good dough for how fast it was. I don't have a pizza baking sheet or stone, so I just put it in a sheet cake pan and had it extend to and up the edges...so it was a rectangle pizza, but who cares anyway...IT'S PIZZA! VERY easy and VERY good.

*From Real Mom Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment